Saturday, April 4, 2015

A foreign sailor in New York





A foreign sailor in New York 

       Just arrived,
                 from Trinidad,
                 I’m in New York,
                 wish I was an immigrant.

                 Bright as the light
                 the famous city,
                 My schedule tight,
                 what a pity!

                I didn’t see much,
                not nearly enough,
                my heart’s still there,
                place, like nowhere.

_____________________


* Extract from "The Broken Mooring Line", an experiential
poetic work // page c   // e-mail: pmataragas@yahoo.com //
Texts and Narration: Odysseus Heavilayias - ROTTERDAM //
Language adjustments and text adaptation: Kellene G Safis - CHICAGO//
Digital adaptation and text editing: Cathy Rapakoulia Mataraga - PIRAEUS

______________________________________________________________



The Tales of a Greek Sailor

No comments:

Post a Comment