Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Journey of my life



                                              
      the Journey of my Life

     Odysseus is my name
     and my life was not a pleasant game...

     I.. unlike Odysseus, my ancestor, the distant,
     in the sea I was not resistant...

     Τhey shoved me into the ships, yes they shoved,

     and my return to the arms of my beloved,
     was a personal Οdyssey without end
     a traumatic experience my dear friend.


     The ship is sailing…
                                        [All aboard..
     Head for the high seas...
                          [please help us Lord.


     To the ends of the earth I will be
     for many years approximately 

                                      [twenty three..

     I lived a stormy life back then..
     so bad it cannot be called life..

     I prayed again and again,
     and an Angel saved me... 

                           [it was Katherine my wife..

__________________________

   * The great thing about poems is you get to take liberties 
with the facts and fiction or combinations of events.
                                     That way our memories can live on forever, 

that is what makes poems, stories and songs magic!

________________________________________________________________


* Odysseus Heavilayias adopted from an early age.
Adopted by the sea and suffered from the sea. Whenever managed to escape from the sea, (his step mother and mistress too), he felt the need to talk about all that he had seen and heard. For all that he has now been scarred deeply.
Maybe it was the only way that will help him, get rid of the ghosts who were chasing him ever since.

Sea, a tortures mistress: The Monastery "Hydra captains Naval School" was the home of Odysseas at the age of 14. There, after serving sentence of 4 years, 1954-1958, he was tortured by fanatical students of senior classes and some lunatics teachers. After that he fell in the hands of mentally abnormal boatswains, mentally sick officers and captains.
____________________________________________________


* Extract from "The Broken Mooring Line", an experiential
poetic work // page c   // e-mail: pmataragas@yahoo.com //
Texts and Narration: Odysseus Heavilayias - ROTTERDAM //
Language adjustments and text adaptation: Kellene G Safis - CHICAGO//
Digital adaptation and text editing: Cathy Rapakoulia Mataraga - PIRAEUS


* Thanks to Mrs Kellene G Safis.
Without her help it would be impossible for me to publish this work.

______________________________________________________

The Tales of a Greek Sailor

No comments:

Post a Comment