Saturday, April 4, 2015

Α door to the past



Α door to the past.


         my little Antoinette,
                my gorgeous brunette,
                you did not fool me,
                I know that you got the key,
                the key that opens the door 
                                              to the past.

                A past in which alas,

                I lost you forever…

                It seems that forever does not 

                                                 mean never….

                 It was forty years ago,

                 where from the ship's bow,
                 I was watching you
                                       [on the pier crying, 
                 because you were realizing 
                             [that our love was dying….

                 I was leaving away,

                 going to California,
                              [Harbor Bay 
                 and who knows where after that ..

                 The round earth seemed to me flat,

                 because for years our ship
                        [would never come to an end,
                 so I lost you, just like every friend....

                 But tell me,

                       [how do you remain the same?
                 How does your love,
                                   [keep the same flame?

                 Please do not tell me that I'm dreaming,

                 not now that hope.....
                                ....and happiness are teaming.


________________________________

* Extract from "The Broken Mooring Line", an experiential poetic work 
by Odysseus Heavilayias. / page c4 / e-mail: od.heavilayias@yahoo.com /
Language adjustments and text adaptation Kellene G Safis,
Digital adaptation and text editing Cathy Rapakoulia Mataraga


___________________________________________________


The Tales of a Greek Sailor


No comments:

Post a Comment