Sunday, April 5, 2015

Female bounty hunters…..




... beyond the Ocean


From the Atlantic to the Pacific,
with a load, very specific,
dangerous, with an intolerable smell,
(in other words a small hell)
our freighter heading to Japan,
and then on to the Republic of Sudan.

We left Galveston few days before,
the unforgettable harbor in days of yore..

It was the last time I saw America, and you…

_________


Years passed, forgotten all loves, it’s true,
but under some unwritten law I stayed wanted,
not from the police but from you, which undaunted,
as a bounty hunter searched for me…

Ultimately beyond the ocean you found me….
….and then with the pride of a conqueror… 

                                                              said to me ,

“You are in debt back in the West,
and I'm sure you already guessed
that the solution is not to flee,”

and this time your disguise is not the sea..


Although my debt was deleted,
and we both obviously have been cheated,
I acknowledged my debt to the West,
and to repay it I will do my best.

Your answer was characterized by 

                                           a disarming candor.

“Heart is the perpetrator of love, 

                                          and the commander.
The debt of a heart, never deleted, never”.
The debt of a heart, 

                       always paid whenever, wherever.

_________

You collected all the debts of my heart,
and departed hastily, but I rest on a chart,
mentally traveled with you,

on the ship of fantasy, and me 

                               as the only crew ..
_________________________



* Extract from "The Broken Mooring Line", an experiential
poetic work // page c15 // e-mail: pmataragas@yahoo.com //
Texts and Narration: Odysseus Heavilayias - ROTTERDAM //
Language adjustments and text adaptation: Kellene G Safis - CHICAGO//
Digital adaptation and text editing: Cathy Rapakoulia Mataraga - PIRAEUS

______________________________________________________________


The Tales of a Greek Sailor

No comments:

Post a Comment