Sunday, April 5, 2015

To cross the line



           Traveling in the Years of Romance 
    
      the feast, of Saint Valentine,    
           the name of my lost love,
                                          [Caroline,
           and each such day,

                             [the winged cupid,
           reminds me that I was stupid,
           that I let you leave much loved.

           Perhaps, 
my constant reference to 
                             [poets make me unloved,

           but with much respect and much attention,
           a quote, of Oscar Wilde which matches 
                                                         [I will mention.

          "Yet each man kills the thing he loves".

           Thoughts of the poet, 

                      as if they were brought 
                                          [by messenger doves.

             As you can see,

                           [my love for you Caroline,
             pushes me again to cross the line

             and travel in the years of romance,
             before computers,
                               [cell phones, hot pants…

____________________________________________

* Extract from "The Broken Mooring Line", an experiential
poetic work // page c7 // e-mail: pmataragas@yahoo.com //
Texts and Narration: Odysseus Heavilayias - ROTTERDAM //
Language adjustments and text adaptation: Kellene G Safis - CHICAGO//
Digital adaptation and text editing: Cathy Rapakoulia Mataraga - PIRAEUS
______________________________________________________________

the tales of a Greek Sailor

No comments:

Post a Comment