Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My hate list

                                   


Sailor's Hate List.  


   I hated my profession,
   the reason for my chronic depression
   and the cause of my multi-annual slavery.
   The reason for being forced to consort ….
                          [with characters often unsavory..

   So over time I hated the sea,
   the constant travel, and 
                        [the constant flee.
   I hated the wind and waves,
   and my comrades, the same 
                              [as me slaves ....


   If you could see my soul....
                                [it's full of scars
   because I hated the beautiful nights 
                                 [and the stars.






   I hated each port
   with prostitutes in the bazaars
   I hated to be a frequenter of 
                         [brothels and bars....



 Years passed and my retirement time 
                                               [had come.


Curiously, instead of glad I was glum
when the motorboat was taking me off the ship.
I had a tear and a tremble in my lip
implying perhaps, some of my own guilt.

Just then I realized that hatred and love coexist,
and it was completely misleading my hate list.
___________________________________________________


*Extract from "The Broken Mooring Line", an experiential
poetic work // page c51// e-mail: pmataragas@yahoo.com //
Texts and Narration: Odysseus Heavilayias - ROTTERDAM //
Language adjustments and text adaptation: Kellene G Safis - CHICAGO//
Digital adaptation and text editing: Cathy Rapakoulia Mataraga - PIRAEUS//





  the tales of a greek sailor  

No comments:

Post a Comment