Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My hate list

                                   


Sailor's Hate List.  

I hated........ my profession,
the reason......
  [for my chronic depression,
and the cause of my multi-annual slavery.

The reason for being forced to consort
                 [with characters often unsavory..




So over time I hated the sea,
the constant travel, and
                   [the constant flee.

I hated the wind and waves,
and my comrades,
         [the same as me slaves ....


If you could see my soul....
                                [it's full of scars,
I even hated the beautiful nights
                                    [and the stars.



I hated each port
with prostitutes in the bazaars
I hated to be a frequenter of
                      [brothels and bars....

Years passed and........
           [my retirement time had come.

Curiously, instead of glad I was glum
when the motorboat
               [was taking me off the ship.

I had a tear and a tremble in my lip
implying perhaps,
                        [some of my own guilt.

Just then I realized
             [that hatred and love coexist


            
and it was completely misleading
                                          [my hate list.


______________________________





*Extract from "The Broken Mooring Line", an experiential
poetic work // page c51// e-mail: pmataragas@yahoo.com //
Texts and Narration: Odysseus Heavilayias - ROTTERDAM //
Language adjustments and text adaptation: Kellene G Safis - CHICAGO//
Digital adaptation and text editing: Cathy Rapakoulia Mataraga - PIRAEUS//





  the tales of a greek sailor  




No comments:

Post a Comment